Dental Crowns – Dayton, OH
Repair Your Decayed & Damaged Teeth
Despite your best efforts, sometimes teeth get damaged. They might suffer from tooth decay or break from an accident — such things are natural. That said, you don’t have to live with this dental disrepair. You can always get dental crowns in Dayton, after all! These prosthetics not only protect your pearly whites, but also help them look good as new. You can especially trust those from Dr. Mularcyzyk and the rest of the Advanced Dentistry team. If you’d like to learn more about them, just keep reading or call our office today!
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a sort of “cap” that protects and covers a weak tooth. Dentists use them to restore the damaged area’s structure, function, and appearance.
A crown works best for patients who have one (or more) of the following:
- A severely-decayed tooth with a filling that needs support
- Dental fracture in need of strength and stability
- A follow-up to a root canal
- A Dental bridge that needs to be anchored in place
- Tooth loss requiring dental implant treatment
Depending on your needs, we’ll walk you through the crown process and ensure you receive the ideal service.
The Dental Crown Process
Dental crown placement takes at least a few dental visits.
For the first appointment, you’ll consult Dr. Mularcyzyk about whether a crown is your best option. In particular, you’ll discuss your smile goals, oral health needs, medical history, and so on. That way, our team will know what crown (if any) would work for you. Furthermore, we’ll also learn whether you need preventive work before the procedure.
If our office proceeds with treatment, the consultation can also double as a “prep” visit. In this scenario, our team will ready your tooth by removing bits of its enamel. (This step will let the crown lay flush with surrounding teeth once it’s secured.) From there, we’ll take an impression to make your final prosthetic. While waiting for the latter crown, you’ll wear a temporary one for a few weeks.
You’ll return for your final appointment when the ceramic crown is ready. At that time, we’ll place the completed product over your tooth. Afterward, they’ll explain how to care for your new restoration.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
You'll receive several benefits when you get dental crowns at Dayton’s Advanced Dentistry. The most common of these include:
- Tooth Protection: A dental crown covers a tooth’s damaged area, so it keeps the pearly white from needing later invasive procedures — root canal therapy, tooth extraction, etc.
- A Nice Smile: A crown restores your smile’s appearance without drawing attention to damaged teeth.
- Better Chewing: A crown improves your mouth's comfort and chewing ability by covering up a tooth’s broken or decayed portion.
- Long-Lasting Results: If you properly maintain a crown, it could last for 15 years or more.
In the end, you can trust dental crowns in Dayton to get the job done. Therefore, go ahead and call us to set up your first visit!